Everyone brings a past rich in experience, and Guest Building Learning is committed to recognising your prior learning experience.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) and current competency (RCC) are part of the assessment options made available to learners.
The main focus of Recognition is valuing already learned skills and applying that to the competency’s framework.
RPL focuses on an individual demonstrating current competence to industry/workplace standards.
RPL is determined on an individual unit basis and looks at:
- Previous formal and informal training
- Work experience, and/or
- Life experience.
If you have been working in a workplace relevant to your selected qualification for a minimum of 12 months you may very well be entitled to apply for RPL of your current competency. Students who consider they already possess the competencies identified in all or part of their selected qualification may apply for and seek RPL.
Guest Building Learning offers the following RPL assessment processes:
- Assessment by assignments
- Assessment by portfolio gathering
- Assessment via observation in your workplace
- A combination of the above.
Participants will be advised of the evidence to collect from their workplace to demonstrate their skills and knowledge.
Please read the RPL Guide for more information
- Guest Building Learning recognises the qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by other Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- You will need to provide a copy of certificates and/or transcripts to ensure you receive recognition for the units completed